The Volvo C70 convertible reappears in the sunlight in a new Inscription version with a number of unique and desirable features. The Inscription blends distinctive exterior details such as the painted grille and black 18-inch wheels with exclusive interior features, including Sovereign Hide upholstery and a leather-covered dashboard.
“The C70 is a true icon in our model range. The Inscription is based on our human-centric Designed Around You philosophy, offering those who love convertibles and coupes a beautifully detailed version with a lot of kerb appeal,” says Doug Speck, Senior Vice President Marketing, Sales and Customer Service at the Volvo Car Corporation.
The Inscription can be combined with all the engine options available for the Volvo C70: the turbocharged five-cylinder petrol-powered T5 (230 hp/320 Nm) and the two five-cylinder turbodiesels – the D4 (177 hp/400 Nm) and D3 (150 hp/350 Nm). The Inscription comes in three colours: Black Stone (Solid), Black Sapphire (Metallic) and Ice White (Solid).
The stunning 18-inch wheels enhance the exclusive look of the sleek convertible. This expressive version of the “Midir” rim comes in black with polished spokes and outer perimeter.
Up front, the high-gloss paint on the grille and the LED Daytime Running Lights, both surrounded by contrasting chrome, give the C70 Inscription a distinctive “face”.
Exclusive interior echoes the exterior
The interior also features a distinctive new look that echoes the unique exterior, including:
- An exclusive leather-covered dashboard with contrasting stitching
- Sovereign Hide upholstery in Off Black or Calcite with the same contrasting stitching as on dashboard, handbrake lever and carpets
- “Inscription” embroidered on the front headrests
- Special Inscription carpets and handbrake lever
- Steering wheel and gear shift knob with aluminium inlays
- Sports pedals with aluminium inlay
- Aluminium inlay in the iconic ultra-slim centre stack is standard, Black or Nordic Light Oak as an option
The Volvo C70 Inscription will be shown for the first time at the 2011 Los Angeles Auto Show that will start November 16th. Sales will also start November 2011.
The C70 Inscription is available worldwide with local adaptations. Production volume is limited to 2,000 units a year.
- Volvo Car Corporation presents the Volvo XC60 Inscription – a unique blend of luxury and dynamic capability
- Volvo Car Corporation presents the all-new Volvo V40
- Volvo Car Corporation starts selling the Volvo V60 Plug-in Hybrid in 2012
- The Volvo V60 Plug-in Hybrid – another world-first from Volvo Car Corporation
- Volvo Car Corporation’s pedestrian airbag: here’s how it works