By launching the world’s first full diesel Hybrid vehicle, the 3008 HYbrid4, Peugeot will create a new type of vehicle in terms of freedom of use and driving enjoyment.
The name HYbrid4 designates the hybridization of a diesel engine (2.0 litre HDi FAP 120 kW / 163 bhp) with an electric motor offering a maximum power output of 27 kW (37 bhp). Since diesel engines consume less fuel than petrol engines, they are the ideal choice for this type of hybridization.
With the 3008 HYbrid4 crossover, the environmentallyfriendly combination of diesel and electric power also paves the way for:
- 4 wheel drive,
- a maximum power of 200 bhp,
- ZEV mode (Zero Emission Vehicle),
- 3.8 litres/100 km, with 99 g/km of CO2.
The customer benefits are immediate with a high level specification and a reduction of 35% in fuel consumption, a real breakthrough for a car of this size and performance.
Contrary to current beliefs, the use of hybrid technology also offers improved driving freedom and introduces new benefits at several levels:
- high performance combined with excellent driveability,
- freedom and simplicity of use with the possibility of choosing four different operating modes: ZEV, 4WD, Sport, Auto,
- silent operation, with the possibility of driving in electric only mode,
- peace of mind offered by the safety inherent in four wheel drive,
- environmental friendliness with emissions starting from 99 g/km of CO2.
A TECHNOLOGICAL AND REWARDING CROSSOVER
The 3008 HYbrid4 is designed to appeal to demanding, technophile customers in search of a rewarding and original car. Its benefits reside in its ability to fuse together different genres:
- through its external architecture, with a body which carries the genes of the SUV, MPV and saloon,
- through its specific stylistic codes in relation to the 3008 range overall, combining power and protection, strength and elegance, leisure and status,
- through its surprising and technological interior,combining the ambience of an exclusive hi-tech coupéwith practical and efficient modularity,
- through its dynamic specification since thanks to Peugeot’s expertise and the technologies employed,this “tall single compartment” vehicle offers a level of driveability that is the envy of many a saloon.
The 3008 HYbrid4 thus offers a new and highly technological approach to motoring, combining renewed driving enjoyment with a very low level of CO2 emissions.
Peugeot’s choice of the diesel hybrid demonstrates that it is possible to combine uncompromising environmental demands with driving sensations until now not available in a hybrid vehicle. The 3008 HYbrid4 will be produced in France (in Sochaux and Mulhouse) and marketed in the spring of 2011 in Europe.